Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Greets, schedules and confirms patient appointments via telephone or in person, utilizing proper customer service etiquette and attempts to contact patients to confirm future appointments and documents attempts per department guidelines
• Collects co-payments, deductibles, and other financial liabilities. Maintains cash logs and adheres to cash handling policies and procedures
• Checks in and checks out patients
• Participates in outbound calling campaigns
• Copying, scanning and faxing as needed
• Communicates and coordinates with back office medical assistants
• Completes insurance verifications
• Interviews patients in order to obtain demographic eligibility and insurance information required for registration
• Registers confidential information in the computer system and updates and revises information as needed and verifies insurance, pre-certification, and obtains authorizations, if applicable
• Helps maintain front office organization
• Identifies and resolves problems of patients and staff and provides guidance and leadership with crisis situations
• Other duties assigned as needed
Communicates accurately, clearly, and professionally.
• Communicates in a positive, respectful, and courteous manner.
• Practices active listening skills and uses partnering communication strategies
• Interacts with coworkers and the community to build productive and collaborative relationships to support the achievement of agency and program goals.
• Understands and maintains private and sensitive information within the confines of need-to-know parameters.
• Reviews email daily and uses various writing styles and formats to produce effective communication including a clear purpose and intent.
• Maintains a calendar and uses calendaring to schedule appointments on a daily basis that is available for review.
Functions as an effective team member with co-workers and the community to build productive, collaborative relationships that support achievement of program goals and objectives.
• Shares pertinent information with director, contractors, and team members regarding work progress, successes, barriers, concerns, and other areas that may have an impact on the department’s services or image, may affect relationships with key participating parties within the confines of need-to-know.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings in accordance with department standards and schedule. Supports the decisions of the director and members of the management team to staff, participants, and the community.
Utilizes supervision effectively, takes initiative to secure professional development opportunities, and applies relevant information to the work setting.
• Prepares and participates in supervision that is regular, reflective, and collaborative in nature.
• Recognizes the personal limits of competencies and expertise, seeks supervision and guidance accordingly.
• Maintains a reasonable level of awareness of current professional information in fields of activity and undertakes regular and ongoing efforts to maintain competence in the skills used.
• Notifies supervisor of crisis situations, unusual incidents, and/or on-going problems within appropriate timelines (including reports to Child Protective Services).
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• One to two years front office experience
• Excellent Communication and Organizational Skills
• Provide proof of CPR and First Aid Certification, Arizona Fingerprint Clearance, TB Skin Test
• Proficient in electronic clinical documentation and scheduling systems
• Patient relations/office coordination
• HIPAA compliant
• Bilingual English/Spanish fluency preferred
This list of EJFs and tasks are accurate as of the date reviewed. If the EJFs of this job changes, including physical or mental demands, a redetermination of the EJF should be done. Questions about the EJFs of a job should be addressed to the HR Department or Managing Supervisor for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person in this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required.Apply Now »
Improving lives, transforming healthcare™