Case Manager/Behavioral Health Technician (Virtual)
Bayless Integrated Healthcare is committed to improving lives and transforming healthcare. We utilize our Core Values as the foundation for all we do:
Compassionate: Compassion is the humane quality of understanding the needs of others, and wanting to do something about it. We show kindness and a willingness to help others. We always provide care for our colleagues, our patients and our community.
Adaptable: The ability of our team to adapt to different environments, conditions and changes is imperative to deliver high quality care. Adaptable people are open to others while realizing the impact of their own words, tone and body language on others.
Innovative: Our team must have creative and critical thinking in order to introduce new ideas. Our commitment is creative a comprehensive healthcare delivery system like nothing done, experienced or created before.
Reliable: As a patient and community centric organization, being reliable is of the utmost importance. In order to achieve results, we must have a team comprised of consistent and trustworthy individuals that can be counted on to follow through.
Relentless: We have an unwavering commitment to improve the healthcare system, disrupt the status quo, and create a better community. We are driven individuals that exemplify intensity and the pursuit of excellence. A strong work ethic and enthusiasm are necessary in order to help our patients, improve our community, and accomplish our goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Providing ongoing case management (coordinating behavioral health services, medical care, education, placement, finances, and socialization services) to patients with identified needs.
- Utilizes influencing/ motivational interviewing skills to ensure maximum patient engagement and promote lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimum level of health.
- Provides coaching, information and support to empower patients to make ongoing independent behavioral health, medical and/or healthy lifestyle choices.
- Identify and effectively utilize community resources to facilitate patient access.
- Perform follow-up calls for patients recently discharge from acute hospitalizations and who are high risk for readmission.
- Collaborates with the recipient and recipient’s family or significant others to implement an effective service plan, explaining the available clinical options to the team, including the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
- Work collaboratively with the clinical team to engage, educate, communicate, and coordinate care with patient, their family, behavioral and general medical and dental health care providers, community resources and others to ensure that all services prescribed in the service plan are implemented.
- Provide assistance in maintaining, monitoring and modifying covered behavioral health services Helping seek out necessary resources other than covered services to meet basic needs.
- Conducts frequent community visits, including but not limited to, private homes, office/clinic locations, hospitals, and group homes.
- Determine and complete appropriate referrals; serve as a liaison to providers, patients and families for the coordination of services.
- Complete annual assessments/service plan for patients receiving medication only services.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation with EMR and other healthcare databases.
- Participate in regular team meetings and peer review activities; participate in departmental and organizational committees.
- Service as a patient and family advocate giving priority to customer service issues and promoting positive interpersonal relationships among patients, providers, and the community.
- Assist patient with overcoming barriers with attending scheduled appointments.
- Collect regular and pertinent data about the health status of the patient; compile patient data and prepare outcome analysis
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field preferred;
- Qualified as a Behavioral Heath Technician.
- Exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Some travel required to field locations to facilitate execution of responsibilities. Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance with, at minimum, state required insurance levels.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Apply Now »