Lead Medical Assistant
ABOUT BAYLESS INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE
Bayless Integrated Healthcare is committed to improving lives and transforming healthcare. We utilize our Core Values as the foundation for all we do:
Compassionate: Compassion is the humane quality of understanding the needs of others, and wanting to do something about it. We show kindness and a willingness to help others. We always provide care for our colleagues, our patients and our community.
Adaptable: The ability of our team to adapt to different environments, conditions and changes is imperative to deliver high quality care. Adaptable people are open to others while realizing the impact of their own words, tone and body language on others.
Innovative: Our team must have creative and critical thinking in order to introduce new ideas. Our commitment is creating a comprehensive healthcare delivery system like nothing done, experienced or created before.
Reliable: As a patient and community centric organization, being reliable is of the utmost importance. In order to achieve results, we must have a team comprised of consistent and trustworthy individuals that can be counted on to follow through.
Relentless: We have an unwavering commitment to improve the healthcare system, disrupt the status quo, and create a better community. We are driven individuals that exemplify intensity and the pursuit of excellence. A strong work ethic and enthusiasm are necessary in order to help our patients, improve our community, and accomplish our goals.
Our Lead Medical Assistant will work directly with healthcare practice staff to collect test samples, maintain patient records, explain common medical procedures to patients and assist in basic examinations. This role has additional oversight of staff performance when the Patient Services Supervisor is busy/requires assistance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Greets and triages patients to exam room within 15 minutes of arrival, if feasible.
- Trains, mentors and assists staff with their patient responsibilities and concerns.
- De-escalates internal and external conflict as needed.
- Together with the supervisor, oversees the inventory and vaccinations process.
- Takes accurate vitals and enters data into electronic health record including but not limited to vital signs, chief complaint, past medical history, labs, and pharmacy. Information is added to the patient’s chart within 24 hours of receipt.
- Inform the provider when the patient is ready to be seen.
- Clean patient rooms in between appointments.
- Initiate Prior Authorizations for medications within 48 hours of receiving the PA.
- Prescription refills request completed within 48 hours of receiving.
- All scanning must be attached in the patient chart within 72 hours.
- Documentation: Any interaction that pertains to the patient needs to be documented in the appreciate EMR system within 24 hours from the time of appointment.
- Responsible for blood draws.
- Collection of urine specimens.
- Perform UDS drug screening and communicate results to governing body within 24 hours.
- Administering vaccines and injections.
- Assist provider with procedures.
- Bio-Hazard trash is disposed of daily.
- Medical rooms are to be checked daily to ensure all appropriate inventories are stocked.
- Call laboratories at the end of day for specimen pick up. Document confirmation code.
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age
- Medical Assistant certificate or completion of a CAAHEP accredited/medical assisting program or medical assistant experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred, but not required
- Provide proof of CPR and First Aid Certification, Arizona Fingerprint Clearance
- Proficient in electronic clinical documentation and scheduling systems.
- HIPPA compliant
- Negative TB test
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency preferred
- Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance coverage with at least the minimum state coverage
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Some travel required to field locations to facilitate execution of responsibilities. Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance with, at minimum, the state required insurance levels.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply Now »