Patient Services Supervisor (Practice Manager)
ABOUT BAYLESS INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE
Bayless Integrated Healthcare is committed to improving lives and transforming healthcare. We utilize our Core Values as the foundation for all we do:
Compassionate: Compassion is the humane quality of understanding the needs of others, and wanting to do something about it. We show kindness and a willingness to help others. We always provide care for our colleagues, our patients and our community.
Adaptable: The ability of our team to adapt to different environments, conditions and changes is imperative to deliver high quality care. Adaptable people are open to others while realizing the impact of their own words, tone and body language on others.
Innovative: Our team must have creative and critical thinking in order to introduce new ideas. Our commitment is creating a comprehensive healthcare delivery system like nothing done, experienced or created before.
Reliable: As a patient and community centric organization, being reliable is of the utmost importance. In order to achieve results, we must have a team comprised of consistent and trustworthy individuals that can be counted on to follow through.
Relentless: We have an unwavering commitment to improve the healthcare system, disrupt the status quo, and create a better community. We are driven individuals that exemplify intensity and the pursuit of excellence. A strong work ethic and enthusiasm are necessary in order to help our patients, improve our community, and accomplish our goals.
The Patient Services Supervisor provides leadership, oversight and accountability to the patient services clinic team. This role provides the first impression to the Bayless patient experience, and as such, is a crucial member of the leadership team at the sites.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor staff time to ensure employees are adhering to the company time keeping policy
- Grant time off requests and approve PTO through payroll system and manage coverage as needed
- Present yourself professionally as a leader and role model for clinic staff
- Staff supervision, discipline, and termination recommendations to practice administrator
- Regularly monitors clinic and patient workflows and provides process improvement ideas for clinic staff
- Build and maintain cordial relationships with other clinics, departments, referring practices, hospital staff, etc
- Identifies and solves patient concerns and de-escalates if emergencies arise
- Orders office supplies/equipment
- Schedules and/or performs maintenance of equipment and/or facilities
- Hiring & interviewing candidates for open positions.
- Provides real time coaching, training and development of clinic staff
- Encourages employees to follow BIH policies and procedures that are specific to their job duties
- Accountable for clinic KPI’s to ensure the clinic is meeting performance standards (provider schedules, collections, no shows, patient wait times, patient experience and billing)
- Monitors provider schedules & daily clinic flow and communicate any concerns or wins to Practice Administrator
- Respond cordially and timely to the requests via email, inner office mail and phone calls from all departments
- Functions as a working supervisor and regularly covers clinic positions while other employees are out if necessary
- Respond to requests from billing department in a timely manner as they request corrections or have questions or need information in order to get claims paid
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Certification, and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma required; college coursework or a bachelor’s degree preferred. Medical assistant diploma, CAN, LPN and/or RN preferred
- Requires two to four years’ experience in health services and two years’ experience in behavioral health preferred
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Exceptional communication and time management skills
- Proficient in an electronic medical record required
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work independently
- CPR/First Aid certification, Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card required and negative results on TB and Hep B tests
Tools and Equipment Requirements
- The ability to use a phone, computer, printer, and copier is required.
- Frequent use of Microsoft office products, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The ability to use the internet and various web browser software is required.
Physical Working Conditions and Office Setting Description
- Some travel required to field locations to facilitate execution of responsibilities. Must provide proof of a valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance with, at minimum, state required insurance levels.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Frequent and prolonged typing and frequent and prolonged operation of computer, keyboard, and telephones required.
- Requires occasional use of fax machines, telephones, copiers, and other office equipment.
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Apply Now »