Having a strong immune system helps you combat illnesses and avoid getting sick, which is particularly important during the winter months when the cold and flu viruses are spreading. COVID-19 is an additional threat today, so having a strong immune system is more important than ever. Learn more in this blog from Bayless Healthcare now.
What Are Some Signs Of A Weak Immune System?
If your immune system is not working at its best, you may notice some signs that your immunity is compromised. First and most obviously, you’ll get sick more frequently. Most adults have 2-3 colds per year, and that’s perfectly normal. Most of the time, you’ll feel better after about a week.
But if you regularly get colds, and they last 7-14 days before they run their course, this may be a sign that stress and other issues are weakening your immune response.
Frequent diarrhea, gas, or constipation could also be a sign of weak immunity since up to 70% of your immune system is located in your gut. Issues with gut bacteria could weaken your immune response.
Another sign is that you have frequent infections like sinusitis or ear infections, or your wounds are slow to heal. These may indicate a weakened immune system. You may also feel tired all the time and worn-out, even when you’re getting enough sleep.
Ways To Boost Your Immune System
Interested in improving your immune system? If you’ve noticed that your immune response seems to be lower than usual, there are a few ways you can “boost” your immune system and make sure your body is healthy and able to respond to common viruses and bacteria.
- Get plenty of sleep – You need at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night. Prioritize high-quality sleep, and if you’re feeling like you can’t get enough rest, consider seeing a specialist for a sleep study.
- Eat a healthy diet low in added sugars – A healthy diet full of antioxidants and vitamins, and low in added sugars and processed foods can help you live a healthier life and boost your immune response.
- Exercise regularly – Exercise has been shown to stimulate your immune cells. Whether you run 20 miles a day or just walk 30 minutes each day, consistent exercise can help your immune system and is great for the rest of your body, too.
- Stay hydrated – Dehydration can cause a lot of stress on your body, which can lead to weakened immune response. Make sure to drink between 3-4 liters of fluids per day.
- Find ways to de-stress – Sky-high stress levels weaken your immune response. So try to find ways to relax and decompress, manage your work-life balance, and reduce your overall stress levels.
- Eat foods with probiotics – Probiotic foods like yogurt with live active cultures can stimulate gut health and help with your overall immune response and wellness.
Focus On Your Whole-Body Wellness – Contact Bayless Healthcare Today!
At Bayless Healthcare, our team is passionate about whole-body wellness, and how you can stay healthy, boost your immune system, and live a healthy, happy life – and improving your immune system is a big part of that. With our holistic approach to health, you can enjoy better quality-of-life in Phoenix.
So don’t wait. If you’re ready to take control of your health, choosing the right healthcare provider is important. Schedule an appointment now to join the Bayless family and get started right away.