We’re all aware of the benefits of physical activity for the body. But do you know the overall benefits of exercise for your well-being? Knowing the great benefits, you’ll have more incentive to get fit and stay active.
Immediate Benefits of Physical Activity
Overall, exercise improves the health of the brain. For children ages six to 13, it can improve thinking and cognition, and keeps them sharp as they age. For adults, it can reduce short-term feelings of anxiety and depression.
Weight Management Benefits
Weight loss and weight management are both benefits of physical activity. Weight is gained when you eat and drink more calories than you burn throughout the day. Happy with your current weight and wish to maintain it? Try and balance out the calories you eat and burn in a day. Other benefits include:
- Strengthens bones and builds muscle
- Reduces pain and improves the quality of life
- Reduces the risk of nerve damage and heart disease.
Reduce Your Health Risks
An important benefit of physical activity is regular exercise keeps your body strong, and reduces your risk of developing health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, Type 2 diabetes, and some cancers:
- Cardio Disease: Conditions that affect the heart or blood vessels such as heart disease and stroke.
- Cancer: Regular exercise can reduce the risk of developing the following cancers: bladder, breast, colon, kidney, lung, stomach, and endometrium.
Do you have additional questions about the benefits of physical activity and the benefits for your body? Contact us today at 602-230-7373 for a free consultation and an appointment with a doctor within 72 hours, guaranteed.